| 1 minute to read
Tangy Roasted Makhana(Lotus seeds)
- 30 gm phool makhana(fox nuts)
- 3 tsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp chat masala
- 1/4th tsp chilli flakes
- 1/4th tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1/4th tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4th tsp black salt
- juice of half lemon
1. Heat 2 tsp olive oil in a heavy bottom pan, add Makhana/Fox nuts and roast on low flame for 3-4 minutes.
2. Add 1 more tsp olive oil, red chilli powder, chilli flakes, black salt, chat masala, mix well and roast for another 1-2 minutes on low flame. (I could have added all the oil at once in the beginning only but makhanas are so good and quick at soaking up the oil that i prefer to add some in between as it allows the entire batch to be uniformly crispy!)
3. Add lemon juice, mix well
4. Remove from flame, your tangy, roasted makhana /fox nuts are now ready! Enjoy!