| 1 minute to read
Sweet potato Halwa ( Low calories Dessert)
- Milk 200ml
- Ghee 20gm
- Sweet potato 250gm
- Zero calories sweetener ( not mandatory)
- 2 to 3 pcs of cardamom in powdered form
- 10gms of Almonds & Cashew
- Chocolate syrup for dressing ( not mandatory)
Boil the sweet potatoes in a pressure cooker. Once done, let them cool aside. Afterwards, peel and mash the sweet potatoes in a bowl and keep it aside.
-Now in a nonstick pan put the ghee over medium flame & saute the almonds, cashew for 2-3 mins. Remove it when they become golden & keep it aside.
-In the same oil add the mashed potatoes. Stir well & saute it for 8-10 mins.
- Add milk to it & keep stirring regularly till all the milk gets evaporated. You can add sweetener to it but it is not mandatory as sweet potato is already sweet
-Lastly, add the fried cashew & almonds to the mixture & mix it well. Here i have used chocolate syrup for dressing & to enhance the taste little. Halwa is ready to serve. You can have it hot or cold.