| 1 minute to read
Shakshouka or shakshuka
- 4 Eggs
- 10ml Ghee
- 2 cup of chopped veggies ( Broccoli,spinach,Red bellpepper, mushroom)
- 2 Green chillies (chopped)
- 1Medium Onion ( finely chopped)
- 4 Tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Minced garlic
- Salt to taste
- 1/4tsp Black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2tsp Red chilli powder
Heat the ghee in pan add garlic and green chillies saute it for 1 min.
Add onions and Veggies.Cook, stirring frequently until the vegetables have softened for about 5 mins.
Add Tomatoes and dry spices,simmer until the tomato mixture begins to reduce about 5-10 mins.
Using a wooden spoon make 4 indentations or wells in the tomato mixture.Gently crack the egg into each indentation.
Reduce the heat,cover the pan and cook on until the egg whites are set.
Garnish it with sliced oviles ,corns and coriander leaves.serve with pita,breads or paratha.