sama chawal khichadi
Posted by : Divyansh gupta
- Food Type : Veg
- Cook Time : 30:00
- Cuisine : Indian
How to make sama chawal khichadi
1. In a bowl, soak the sama chawal for an hour.drain and keep aside
2.In a thick bottomed pan heat 2 tbsp ghee or oil .Add 1 tsp cumin seeds.
3. Fry the cumin seeds till they change colour.
4.Now add 1 to 5 tsp ginger +green chilli paste and saute till the raw aroma of both the green chillies and ginger goes minutes.
5. Then add 1/2cup patati cubes. stir and for two to three minutes .
6. Then add the drained sama chawal. Stir and saute for a minutes.
7. Add 3 cup water.stir again 3cup water makes the khichadi mushy,which we perfect .if you want separate grain then just add 1.5 to 2 cups water.
8. season with rock salt and stir well
9. cover the pan with a lid and on a low flam allow the grain to simmer and get cooked.
10. Do check and stir at interval .
11. once the grain have soften and cooked well, switch off the flame.you can add about 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves here and mix.
12. serve samvat rice khichadi topped with a bit of ghee and garnished with coriander leaves .