• By Shivani Jotwani
Nutritional Value Of This Recipe
00:45 Minutes 430 kcal
Ingredients for Rice Kheer
- › Rice - 20 grams
- › Green cardamom - 3 to 4 pods
- › Cow Milk - 500 ml
- › Almonds - 10 gms
- › Saffron - 3 strands
- › Stevia - as per taste
1. Rinse the rice until water turns clear. Then soak the rice in enough water for 20 to 30 mins then drain the rice
2. Heat a heavy bottom pan on medium heat. Then add the soaked & drained rice. Also add 3-4 crushed green cardamom pods.
3. Toss the rice and cardamom for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly until aromatic.
4. Then add the milk to the pan and stir well. Set heat to medium-high.
5. Let the milk come to a boil, this will take around 10-12 minutes. Stir in between so that milk doesn't stuck to the bottom of the pan
6. Once the milk has come to a boil, lower the heat to low and let the kheer cook for around 25 minutes on low heat. Stir every 2 minutes or so. The milk will reduce considerably after 25 minutes and the kheer would look thick and the rice will be completely cooked. If you want super thick kheer, cook for 15 more minutes at this point.
7. Add stevia , almonds and some saffron and cook for 10 mins more
8. Garnish with more more almonds and saffron serve kheer warm or chilled.
The plan that has transformed 300,000+ lives and counting!
- Customized diet & workout plans
- Access to a full suite of smart tracking tools
- Join the world’s largest online fitness community
- Customer Satisfaction score of 95.5%
- Coaching in your local language for clear guidance
Get results or get your money back!