Prawns with coconut milk
Posted by : Dolan Acharya
- Food Type : Nonveg
- Cook Time : 00:20
- Cuisine : Indian
How to make Prawns with coconut milk
1. Clean the prawns, mix it with turmeric and salt and keep aside for about ½ hour
2. In a heated pan Saute the onions until translucent and grind to make a coarse paste.
3. Heat oil in Kadai/Frying Pan Lightly fry the prawns so they turn golden in color, do not deep fry like other fish.
4 As soon as the prawns turn a pale golden take them out put them on a paper towel.
5 In the same oil, add the chopped garlic. As soon as the fragrance of the garlic rises, take out the garlic from the oil so that the oil is now garlic flavored but there is no garlic in the gravy.
6 Add tejpata or bay leaves
7 Coarsely pound the cardamom, cinnamon and cloves with a pestle and add them too.
8. Add the onion paste when you see the whole garam masala crackling.
9. Continue frying the onion with a little bit of sugar till it turns brown in color or the oil separates from the paste.
10 Add the ginger paste and cook the masala.
11 Stir and add the can of coconut milk
12 Add a little water (about 1/3 of the can) in the can, mix well and add it too.
13 Add Red Chilli Powder, very little turmeric powder and salt.
14 Add the green chillies
15 Mix well and cook the gravy. The gravy tastes best when you simmer it a low heat for about 25-30 minutes.
16 When you see the oil surfacing on the gravy add the fried prawns.
17 Cook on low for some more time till the gravy thickens and acquires a creamy consistency. Serve with hot rice