| 1 minute to read
- 1 & half cup poha ( parched rice or beaten rice flakes)
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1-2 green chillies (chopped)
- 1 Curry leaves
- (optional) 1 medium potato (cubed to small size)
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 3-4 tbsp peanuts or cashews
- 3/4 tsp mustard or rai
- 3/4 tsp cumin or jeera
- 1/4 tsp turmeric or haldi (add more if needed for color)
- salt as needed
- lemon juice as needed
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves as needed
1. To make poha, choose medium to thick ﬂakes. Avoid thin ﬂakes. Add them to a bowl or a strainer or colander.
2. Pour 4 to 5 cups of water and rinse quickly. Drain the water completely.
3. Cover and set aside to soften. Meanwhile prepare the veggies.
4. Press a few ﬂakes of poha in between your thumb and foreﬁnger, they should be soft & break easily. If they don't then sprinkle little water mix and cover.
we'll start making Poha now.
Heat a pan and add peanuts. Dry roast them until golden & aromatic. Remove to a plate and set aside.
Pour oil to the same pan and heat it. Add mustard and cumin.When they begin to pop, add hing, onions, curry leaves and green chilies
Saute until the onions turn lightly pink.
Optional – Add cubed potatoes and saute for a min. Cover and cook on a low heat until soft and cooked completely. If needed can sprinkle some water and cook. Once done, saute for another minute.
Add turmeric and poha. Mix well and cover the pan. Cook on a very low heat until it turns hot.
Next add coriander leaves and switch off the flame
Taste it and add more salt if needed & sprinkle lemon juice.
Garnish poha with roasted peanuts and coriander leaves. Enjoy