• By Toshi Mago
Nutritional Value Of This Recipe
8 Minutes 1059 kcal
Ingredients for Pita Bread
- › whole wheat flour 100gm
- › all purpose flour 100gm
- › skim milk 150ml
- › water 150ml
- › yeast 9gm
- › salt 1tsp
- › sugar 1tsp
1. add Luke warm water or 35degree c water and Yeast together and rest it for 15min or till the time the yeast blooms or leaves bubble . please make sure water is not hot as it will kill the yeast it should just be like warm
2. mix all the flour and let and mix it well with Yeast water and milk and butter and make dough . knead the dough atleast 15 to 20 mi or till the time its soft and dough doesnt break on stretching. if you have stand mixer you can use that as well.
3. let the dough rest for or two or till the time it double the size
4. once its double the size punch the dough and take it out of the bowl and make 8 to 10 small dough balls
5. cover the dough balls and let it rest for another 30 min
6. roll it like chapati but keep the thickness of pita for 1 or 1.5 inch
7. heat tawa and cook the pita bread from both the sides and let it puff up
8. once its puff up take it out of the pan and cut it half to fill your fillings
9. it's very important that the pita puffs up then only you can have pockets to fill. that's why thickness is important.
10. grill the chicken and cut it and mix this with all the veggies and stuff it in the pita bread
The plan that has transformed 300,000+ lives and counting!
- Customized diet & workout plans
- Access to a full suite of smart tracking tools
- Join the world’s largest online fitness community
- Customer Satisfaction score of 95.5%
- Coaching in your local language for clear guidance
Get results or get your money back!