| 1 minute to read
Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup)
- 200ml Chicken Broth (1/2 knorr stock cube, 20gm White onion, 1/2 tsp sliced Ginger, 2 star anise, 3 cardamom, 3 cloves, 1 stick cinnamon, 1/4 tsp corriander powder)
- 200gm Chicken Breast
- 40gm Rice Noodles (store bought)
- 100 gm Greens (Corriander, Mint, Spring onion greens)
- 1 Red Chilly (optional)
- 10 gm Mushrooms (optional)
- 2 lemon wedges
- 1/2 tsp Soy sauce (optional)
- Salt for seasoning
Chicken Broth : In a pressure vessel coat with low cal cooking spray and saute onions, ginger & mentioned spices. Add in 250 ml water along with knorr stock cube. Season with salt & cook for 20 mins/1 whistle.
Rice Noodles: Cooked as per the instructions on the store bought packet. Boil for 5 mins.
Protein prep: Slice the chicken into thin slices. In a nonstick pan saute the chicken & mushroom till well done. Set aside for later use.
Assembling: In a serving bowl add a handful of the prepared noodles top with a portion of chicken & mushrooms. Using a ladle pour in hot broth over this till the meat is well submerged in the liquid so it absorbs all the flavours. Top this with your choice of chopped greens. Add in generous amounts of lemon juice. Place some additional lemon wedges. Finally if you would like some heat in the soup fine chop the red chilly and add around 3 bits per bowl. Traditionally fish sauce is added in the end instead 1/2 tsp of soy sauce could be used.
Let this sit for about a minute so all flavours seep in. Season with extra sea salt if needed at this point. Serve warm & Enjoy.