panner butter massala
• By ISHAN
Nutritional Value Of This Recipe
:30 Minutes 780 kcal
Ingredients for panner butter massala
- › Ripe red juicy tomatoes4
- › Cashews 18 to 20 pic
- › Cream200gm
- › Butter100 gm
- › Paneer1/2kg
- › Spices & herbs
1. Soak 18 to 20 cashews in ⅓ cup hot water for 20 to 30 minutes.
2. When the cashews are soaking, you can prep the other ingredients like chopping tomatoes, chopping and preparing the ginger-garlic paste, slicing paneer etc.
3. Crush 1-inch ginger + 3 to 4 medium-sized garlic to a paste in a mortar pestle to a semi-fine or fine paste. Keep aside. Don’t add any water while crushing ginger & garlic.
4. After 20 to 30 minutes, drain the water and add the soaked cashews in a blender or mixer-grinder. Also, add 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh water or as required.
5. Blend to a smooth paste without any tiny bits or chunks of cashews. Remove the cashew paste in a bowl and set aside.
6. In the same blender add 2 cups of diced or roughly chopped tomatoes. No need to blanch the tomatoes before blending
7. Blend to a smooth tomato puree. Set aside. Don’t add any water while blending the tomatoes.
8. Heat a thick bottomed pan or a heavy pan. Keep the flame to a low or medium-low. Add 2 tablespoons butter OR 1 tablespoon oil + 1 or 2 tbsp butter in a pan
9. Adding oil prevents the butter from browning too quickly. You can even add 3 to 4 tablespoons butter for a rich buttery version. Both salted or unsalted butter can be added
10. Keep the flame to a low. Add 1 medium-sized tej patta (Indian bay leaf). Fry for 2 to 3 seconds or till the oil becomes fragrant from the aroma of the tej patta.
11. Add the prepared crushed ginger-garlic or 1 teaspoon ready ginger-garlic paste.
12. Fry for some seconds till the raw aroma of the ginger-garlic disappears.
13. Pour the prepared tomato puree. Be careful while adding the puree as it may splutter.
14. Mix it very well with the butter
15. Begin to cook the tomato puree on a low to medium-low flame. Stir at intervals.
16. The tomato puree mixture will start simmering.
17. Mix the water very well with the tomato-cashew makhani masala. If there are lumps of the tomato-cashew masala, then break with a spoon. You can even use a wired whisk for mixing
18. Also add salt as per taste and ½ to 1 teaspoon sugar (optional). You can add sugar from ¼ tsp to 1 teaspoon or more depending on the sourness of the tomatoes. Sugar is optional and you can skip it too. If you add cream, then you will need to add less sugar.
19. After the gravy thickens to your desired consistency, then add the paneer cubes (200 or 250 grams). Keep in mind the consistency you want before you add paneer as you will be cooking the paneer for a few seconds.
20. Stir and mix the paneer cubes gently in the gravy. You can switch off the heat at this point. If you find that the paneer cubes are still raw to taste, then switch off heat after adding cream.
21. Stir gently but well and switch off the heat.
22. Serve Paneer Butter Masala hot garnished with 1 to 2 tablespoons of chopped coriander leaves (cilantro) and the remaining ginger julienne. You can also drizzle some cream or dot with butter while serving.
The plan that has transformed 300,000+ lives and counting!
- Customized diet & workout plans
- Access to a full suite of smart tracking tools
- Join the world’s largest online fitness community
- Customer Satisfaction score of 95.5%
- Coaching in your local language for clear guidance
Get results or get your money back!