paneer matar biryani
• By M L agarwal
Nutritional Value Of This Recipe
47 Minutes 151 kcal
Ingredients for paneer matar biryani
- › For The Paneer Mutter Mixture 1/2 cup low fat paneer (cottage cheese) cubes 1/4 cup boiled green peas 1/4 cup finely chopped onions 1 tsp red chilli-garlic paste 1/2 tsp ginger-green chilli paste 1/2 cup fresh tomato pulp 1/2 tsp chilli powder 1/2 tsp garam masala a pinch of sugar 1/2 tsp dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi) salt to taste
- › For The Onion Brown Rice 2 1/4 cups cooked brown rice 1/2 cup finely chopped onions salt to taste
- › Other Ingredients For Paneer Mutter Biryani 2 tbsp low fat milk , 99.7% fat-free
1. For the paneer mutter mixture Heat a non-stick pan on a medium flame and when hot, add the onions and dry roast on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes or till they turn light brown in colour. Sprinkle a little water if they start burning. Add the chilli-garlic paste, ginger-green chilli paste and 1 tbsp of water and dry roast on a medium flame for about 1 minute. Add the fresh tomato pulp, chilli powder, garam masala, sugar and dried fenugreek leaves, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes. Add ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 2 minutes. Add the paneer, green peas and salt, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 more minute. Remove from the flame and keep aside.
2. For the onion brown rice Heat a deep non-stick pan on a medium flame and when hot, add the onions and dry roast on a medium flame for 2 minutes or till the onions turn brown. Sprinkle 1 tbsp of water to prevent the onions from burning. Add the brown rice and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute. Divide the rice into 2 equal portions and keep aside
3. How to proceed to make paneer mutter biryani Spread one portion of the onion brown rice evenly at the bottom of a baking glass bowl. Spread the paneer mutter mixture evenly over it. Spread the other layer of onion brown rice evenly over the paneer mutter mixture and pour the milk evenly over it. Cover the paneer mutter biryani with a lid and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 8 to 10 minutes. Serve paneer mutter biryani immediately.
The plan that has transformed 300,000+ lives and counting!
- Customized diet & workout plans
- Access to a full suite of smart tracking tools
- Join the world’s largest online fitness community
- Customer Satisfaction score of 95.5%
- Coaching in your local language for clear guidance
Get results or get your money back!