| 1 minute to read
New Potato Curry.
- 2tbsp (25ml) clarified butter or vegetable oil
- 1 lb ( 500g) small new potatoes, about 10 new Potatoes (see notes)
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1tsp (2ml) curry powder, preferably Madras
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cracked black pepper peppercorns
- 1/2 cup water or vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
Step1 . In a skillet, heat butter or oil over medium - high heat, Add potatoes and cook just until they begin to brown.Tranafer to slow cooker stoneware.
Step2 . Reduce heat to medium.Add onions and cook, stirring, until softened.Add garlic, curry powder, salt and peppercorns. stir and cook for 1 minute. Add water or stock, bring to a boil and pour over Potatoes.
Step3 . Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or on High for 4 hours, until Potatoes are tender. stir in lemon juice and garnish with cilantro.
Step4 . serve the food with chapatti,and poories.