| 1 minute to read
Moong Dal Bharwa cheela
- For The Chillas 11/2 cups green moong dal (split green gram ) with skin, soaked for 2 hours and drained.
- 11/2tbsp roughly chopped green chillies a pinch of asafoetida ( hing )
- Salt to taste
- 12 tsp peanut oil for cooking
- For The Stuffing 2 cups boiled potato cubes
- 3/4 cup boiled green peas
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds ( jeera )
- 2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- 1/2 tbsp dried mango powder ( amchor )
- salt to taste
- For Serving Green chutney
For the chillas Step1 . combine the moong dal, green chillies and approx, 1 cup of water in a mixer and blend till smooth.
Step2 . Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add the asagoetida and salt and mix well. keep aside.
For the Stuffing Step1 . Heat the oil in a broad non- stick pan, add the cumin seeds and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
Step2 . Add all the remaining ingredients, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while mashing it slightly using a potato masher.
Step3 . Divide the stuffing into 12 equal portions. keep aside.
Step4 . Heat a non - stick tava ( griddle ) and lightly grease it with. pour a ladleful of the batter on the tava and spread it evenly to make a thin circle of 175 mm. (7") diameter.
Step5 . Cook, using 1 tsp oil, till turns golden brown in colour form both the sides.
Step6 . Place one portion of the stuffing on one half of the chilla and fold it to make a semi- circle.
Step7 . Repeat steps 1 to 3 to make 11 more chillas.
Step8 . Serve immediately with green chutney.