| 1 minute to read
- 1. 50 gram millet raw
- 2. 1 green cardamom, 2 cloves, cinnamon stick, bay leaf all pounded
- 3. Salt, turmeric, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala as per taste
- 4. kasuri methi powder 1tbsp
- 5. cauliflower florets , green peas
- 6. 1 onion finely sliced, 1 green chillies
- 7. Almond milk 100 gm (or yoghurt if not vegan)
- 8. peanut butter 10 gms
- 9. raisins, cashews optional
1. In a deep pan cook millets in one cup boiling water with salt.
2. To make the cauliflower gravy, dry roast the onions, green chilli, ginger, garlic, chilli pepper and cook till onion is brown. If using ginger or garlic paste, add the paste when onion is done.
3. Dry roast the whole spices on the side.Add them to the onions. Add all the spices and mix for a minute.
4. Steam the cauliflower and peas for 5 minutes till almost done. Add them to the onion. Add the almond milk ( or yoghurt) . Mix and cook for 6 to 7 minutes at low medium heat or until cauliflower us tender crisp. Add the dried fruits and peanut butter.
5. Now in a baking tray or clay pot use half the gravy as the first layer, then half the millets. Then sprinkle half the onions, coriander, mint leaves and saffron milk. Now again another layer of cauliflower, then millets and then the same sprinkling on top. Cover and cook either in the oven at 180 C or on the low flame for 25 minutes. Serve hot.