Homemade Whole Wheat Bread
• By Faizan Khan
Nutritional Value Of This Recipe
2:00 Minutes 746 kcal
Ingredients for Homemade Whole Wheat Bread
- › Whole wheat flour : 150 g
- › Milk : 115 Ml
- › Olive oil : 10 Ml
- › Salt : 1/2 tsp
- › Sugar : 8 grams
- › Yeast : 3 g
- › Water : (as per requirement)
- › Some egg wash (beat a whole egg)
- › Seeds of your choice to sprinkle on top
1. Heat the milk until it's warm (not hot), if you put your finger in it, it doesn't burn, add the sugar to it & add the yeast as let it sit for 10 mins. (If your yeast doesn't bubble within 10 mins that means you need to get a new batch of yeast)
2. Take the flour, add olive oil to it, a tsp of salt, mix it roughly, add the foamed up yeast mix & knead the dough. Don't add any extra water or milk currently, just keep kneading.
3. If the dough hasn't come together yet, add some water (just dashes of it) & knead it until the dough has come together.
4. If the dough feels too firm, add some more water to it and knead it, until you get a pretty soft dough that doesn't stick too much (knead for 15 mins)
5. Add some flour to the base of the container & let it rest for about an hour, once it has doubled in size after the first rise, sprinkle some flour on your workspace & knead it gently again, just barely, not deflating it too much, softly kneading for about a few minutes.
6. Put it in the container that'll go in the oven & let it rise for another hour, after it's nice & fluffy, brush it with the egg wash & sprinkle the seeds.
7. The egg wash gives it the lovely, rich color & glossy smooth finish. Put it in the oven for 30-40 mins at 200 °C.
8. Once done, let it cool & enjoy the amazing tasting bread! If you liked the recipe, do check out my other recipes.
The plan that has transformed 300,000+ lives and counting!
- Customized diet & workout plans
- Access to a full suite of smart tracking tools
- Join the world’s largest online fitness community
- Customer Satisfaction score of 95.5%
- Coaching in your local language for clear guidance
Get results or get your money back!