| 1 minute to read
Grilled Fish fry ! ( Strictly for Non Vegetarians)
- Basa fillets - 150gm ( serving for 1)
- Tumeric Powder - 1/2 tbsp
- Mustard oil - 1 tbsp ( can chose oil of your choice)
- Black pepper powder - 1 tbsp ( I love more spicy )
- Onion - 50 gm
- Garlic - 1 clove
- You can add additional spices based on your taste buds as I added a little bit of lemon and chat masala
1. Wash the fish and marinate it with little Tumeric , salt , lemon and half teaspoon of mustard oil and keep it aside for 30 mins or more
2 . Take a grill pan or Tawa and take another half spoon of oil ( you can choose oil of your choice) and use a brush or spatula to rub it
3. Once the pan is heated enough , add some curry leaves , tossed Garlic into it and sauté it . ( you can use any amount of garlic you like )
4. Once the garlic is slightly cooked , add the fish to the pan and cook it with High flame . Sea food releases water specially when you use frozen ones as I don’t get fresh here, so if it’s cooked in high flame it will be more crispy ..
5. Cook for 3-4 mins in high flames until you see the water is absorbed and fish has become slightly opaque. Add the chopped onions to it and the turn the fish and mix it with the onions . Add some cumin powder , chat masala , red chilli powder and black pepper powder ( optional).
6. I like the onion slightly roasted and fish to be crispy , hence cook for another 4-5 mins
7. When the fish is cooked , you would be able to easily break it. Add some fresh coriander and serve it