Easy beans pumpkin soup
Posted by : Dolan Acharya
- Food Type : Non-Veg
- Cook Time : 00:20
- Cuisine : Other
How to make Easy beans pumpkin soup
1. Place the legumes in a large (non-metal) bowl. Completely fill the bowl with warm, filtered water until legumes are fully covered. Cover the bowl with a clean towel and allow it to sit in on the kitchen counter for 12-24 hours. Change the water once or twice during this time period. Rinse the legumes several times when you refresh the water to prevent fermentation. After 12-24 hours, rinse the legumes well before cooking them.
2. Put a skillet on high heat, put the chopped onion, minced meat in the pan. Cook the meat until it’s brown, about 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, chop your vegetables in medium pieces.Turn the heat to medium and add the vegetables. Stir-fry them for about 5 minutes until tender. Add the spices like pepper, salt.
4. Boil the pumpkin along with the whole tomato. Puree it once cool with hands. I slit the tomato skin. I grinded a red dry chilli with the tomato puree in a jar. Added this chilli tomato with the chicken . Added the lentil and gave a nice stir. cook well.
5. Add the pumpkin puree, cooked beans, the (drained) tomatoes, a bit of sweetener to taste, Worcestershire sauce, salt and spices to the pan. Bring it to a boil and let it simmer on low heat for at least 10 minutes. You can let it simmer longer if you have more time. The flavors will mix together better that way. If the chili gets too thick for your liking, add a bit of water. Turn the heat off and serve the chili directly or store it for later use.