• By Faizan Khan
Nutritional Value Of This Recipe
00:20 Minutes 242 kcal
Ingredients for Dum Aloo
- › Potatoes - 200 g
- › Curry leaves - handful
- › Oil - 10 g
- › Mustard seeds (Rai) - 1/2 tsp , Cumin seeds (Jeera) - 1/2 tsp, Garlic - 3 cloves grated
- › Salt to taste
- › Red chilli powder, Amchur powder, Chaat masala, Dried red chilli
1. Boil the potatoes in a pressure cooker with salt for about 5-10 mins, they shouldn't be overdone, a little firm & cooked till inside.
2. Let them cool slightly & peel them. Chop them into smaller pieces if the potatoes are big.
3. In a vessel, take oil, add grated garlic to it & fry lightly for a minute on medium flame, add mustard seeds, jeera & fry till they crackle.
4. Add dried red chilli, curry leaves & fry for a minute or 2. Turn off the heat, add 1/2 tsp red chilli powder, 3/4 tsp Amchur powder, 1/2 tsp chaat masala, 1/4 tsp salt (add more after tasting).
5. If the masala is too dry, add some water (like a tbsp or so) to get a thick paste. Add the potatoes to this & mix them around gently (so they don't break) but well.
6. Taste the dish & adjust the spices accordingly. Enjoy the lovely tasting potatoes!
The plan that has transformed 300,000+ lives and counting!
- Customized diet & workout plans
- Access to a full suite of smart tracking tools
- Join the world’s largest online fitness community
- Customer Satisfaction score of 95.5%
- Coaching in your local language for clear guidance
Get results or get your money back!