| 1 minute to read
Doodhi Muthiya / Bottle gourd snack
- Beasan/Chickpea flour: 50g
- Soyabean granules powder: 50g
- Whole wheat flour: 50g
- Rawa/ Suji: 20g
- Dudhi/Lauki/Bottle gourd: 250g (grated) Onion: 1 medium (grated) Green chillies: 3-4 (fine mince) Ginger: 1/2 inch (fine mince) Garlic: 3-4 (fine minced) - optional Lemon juice: 1/2 lemon
- Hing: 1/4 tea spoon Haldi: 1/2 tea spoon Ajwain: 1/4 tea spoon Red chili powder: to liking Salt: to taste
- Oil: 10ml (for tadka) Curry leaves & mustard seeds (for tadka)
Make a very soft dough (a little sticking consistency) using all the 4 flours +Dudhi + onion + garlic + Chiili+ haldi+ ajwain + hing+ red chilli powder + salt + lemon juice (you'll need less water as the veggies will already have lots of water)
Divide the dough in 4-6 parts and roll into cylinder shape.
Place it on a steaming plate and steam for about 20 minutes on low flame. (Do a knife test in the end to check if cooked)
Let it chill down to room temperature then cut it into bite size pieces.
Now we'll prepare a tadka and roast these to liking. Take oil in a pan add mustard seeds, curry leaves and some chillies. Once they crackle add the muthiya and sautee it well for 4-5 minutes.