• By Fittr
Nutritional Value Of This Recipe
00:35 Minutes 382 kcal
Ingredients for Dhokla
- › Besan: 60 gm
- › Defatted soya flour: 40 gm
- › Oil: 10 ml
- › Citric acid: 3/4 tsp
- › Salt: To taste
- › Sugar free powder: 1.5-2 tsp
- › Baking soda: 1.5 tsp
- › Hing: A pinch
- › Mustard seed/rai: 1/2 tsp
- › Green chillies: 1-2
- › Coriander: Handful
- › Lemon juice: 1 tsp
1. 1. Blend citric acid, salt and half of the sugar in a mixer to make a fine powder.
2. 2. Add besan, soya flour along with a mix of citric acid, salt and sugar. You can add a little turmeric powder to the besan for a nice colour.
3. 3. Add enough water to make a batter (pakoda consistency).
4. 4. Boil water in a steamer and grease a dhokla tray with little oil.
5. 5. Once the water is ready, add baking soda along with water and mix well.
6. 6. Pour the batter into the prepared tray and steam for 20-25 minutes. Check once after 15 minutes.
7. 7. While the dhokla is getting ready, prepare tadka. Take a small pan and heat oil, then add rai, hing and let it crackle.
8. 8. Add green chillies, remaining sugar, lemon, and around 100-120 ml water and bring to a boil.
9. 9. Once the dhokla is ready, take it out and let it cool for 5 minutes and make cuts to make diagonal dhokla pieces.
10. 10. Add the tadka and let it rest for 10 minutes for the dhokla to absorb water.
11. 11. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
The plan that has transformed 300,000+ lives and counting!
- Customized diet & workout plans
- Access to a full suite of smart tracking tools
- Join the world’s largest online fitness community
- Customer Satisfaction score of 95.5%
- Coaching in your local language for clear guidance
Get results or get your money back!