Dhaba Style Aloo Paratha.
• By Divyansh gupta
Nutritional Value Of This Recipe
00:40 Minutes 225 kcal
Ingredients for Dhaba Style Aloo Paratha.
- › For a Dough.
- › 1 cup Whole - wheat flour
- › 1/4 tsp salt
- › 1/2 cup water use as needed
- › Filling.
- › 2 medium potatoes
- › 1/4 tsp salt
- › 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- › 1 tbsp green chilli finely chopped
- › 1/2 tsp garam masala
- › 1/2 tsp mango powder ( amchoor )
- › Also Need
- › 1/4 cup whole wheat flour to roll parathas
- › 3 tbsp oil to cook parathas
1. Step1. Mix flour ,salt, and water together to make a soft dough ( add water as needed ).
2. Step2 . knead dough for two minutes on a lightly greased surface to make the dough soft, smooth and pliable. set the dough aside and cover it with a damp cloth. Let the dough rest at least ten minutes.
3. Step3 . Boil 2 medium potatoes until tender .once cooked, drain the water and let the potatoes cool down. Note Do not cool the potatoes under running water, as they will absorb the water and come out too soft.
4. Step4 . Once the potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel and mash them. add green chillies, cilantro,cumin seeds , garam masala, mango powder, and salt to mashed potatoes . mix well.
5. Step5 . Divide the dough into six equal parts and form into balls.
6. Step6 . Then divide the potato filling into six parts and shape into balls. potato balls should be 1 1/2 times larger than the dough balls.
7. Step7 . Roll dough ball into a 3" circle.place a filling ball in the center. pull the edges of the dough to wrap it a round the potato filling . Repeat to make all six balls .Let the filled balls settle three to four minutes.
8. Step8 . Meanwhile heat an iron or other heavy skillet on medium high heat until moderately hot. To test, sprinkle water on the skillet. if the water sizzles right aways, the skillet is ready.
9. Step9 . Press the filled ball lightly on dry whole wheat flour from both sides. using a rolling pin, roll the balls lightly to make six - inch circles, keeping the sealed side of the balls on top. if the dough Strick to the rolling surface, lightly dust the parathas with dry flour.
10. Step10 . place the paratha on the skillet. when the paratha start to change color and begins to puff up, flip it over. you will notice some golden- brown spots.
11. Step11. After After a few seconds, drizzle one teaspoon of oil over the paratha. flip the paratha again and lightly press the puffed areas with a spatula.
12. Step12. Flip again and press with a spatula making sure the paratha is golden - brown on both sides. Repeat for the remaining parathas.
13. Step13. Paratha are the best served hot and crispy. They will be soft if not served hot. If you are not going to serve them right away, cool them on a wire rack to keep them from getting soggy.
The plan that has transformed 300,000+ lives and counting!
- Customized diet & workout plans
- Access to a full suite of smart tracking tools
- Join the world’s largest online fitness community
- Customer Satisfaction score of 95.5%
- Coaching in your local language for clear guidance
Get results or get your money back!