| 1 minute to read
Chicken Fried Rice
- chicken breast 200gms
- mushroom 300gms
- spinach 100gms
- Rice 40gms
- oil/ghee 12.5 gms
- 1 green chillie
- salt to taste
- pulav masala 1tspn
- garam masala 1/2 tspn
- turmeric a pinch
- Rice : Water used 1:2.5
1. Pre-Requisites Pressure cook chicken breast with a pinch of salt, turmeric and garam masala for 5mins; Wash and soak the required quantity of basmati rice for 30mins separately
2. Add ghee/oil in a pan. When the oil is hot, add pulav masala. When the masala is slightly roasted, add mushrooms and saute till all the water has evaporated from the mushrooms.
3. Add the spinach and saute till they reduce in size and water has evaporated.
4. In the meantime, shred the boiled chicken into pieces
5. Add the shredded chicken to the sauted veggies and saute for a minute.
6. Add the measures quantity of water into the pan, once it starts boiling add the rice, salt to taste and a split green chillie.
7. pepper can be used instead of chille; ginger can be grated in the begining after add pulav masala. I wanted the taste of mushrooms on top hence did not add ginger.
8. The quantity prepared was split for 2 meals.