Posted by : Dolan Acharya
- Food Type : Non-Veg
- Cook Time : 00:30
- Cuisine : Indian
How to make Chicken Biryani
1. Cook Rice. Boil water. Add whole spices like 1 slender stick of cinnamon, 2 big Black Cardamom, 2 Bay leaves. When the water is boiling, fish out the whole spices with a ladle. Add washed and strained rice to the boiling water. Cook for 2 minutes less than recommended time. So I cooked the rice for 8 minutes instead of the 10 minutes recommended by the brand. Drain the rice in a colander and shake off the water.
2. Heat a non stick and in very low flame Fry one onion chopped into thin half moon slices without oil. Remove fried onion and keep aside
3. In a large wide mouthed bowl add Yogurt -- 100 gm Ginger Pate -- 4 tbsp Garlic Paste -- 3 tbsp Chili Powder -- 4 tsp Salt to taste Marinate the chicken in the above for 1 hr+ Heat 10 gm ghee and add bay leaf and cinnamon stick of 1 inch. Add the marinated chicken pieces, shaking off any excess liquid Saute the chicken pieces until they lose the raw coloring Add to the pan rest of the marinade. Add one spoon biryani masala and salt. Mix well, cover and cook until chicken is almost done. Do not add any water Now, remove the cover, raise the heat and reduce the gravy. Sprinkle a little kewra water for its beautiful fragrance.
4. In an air fryer cook one half potato with little salt , turmeric and ginger grated. add kewra water.
5. Layering (can also be done on flame and in the same pot where chicken was cooked as in step 3). To the cooked chicken add the fried onion from step 2. Then layer with partially cooked rice. Drizzle additional ghee if in macro which I skip. Drizzle saffron milk. Drizzle kewra water Sprinkle some biryani masala Now add another layer in a similar. Cover tightly with an aluminum foil Heat Oven to 300F or Cook for 30-45 mins covered.