| 1 minute to read
- diced tomatoes, drained 425.2 g
- chopped fresh cilantro, optional 3.0 Tbsps
- 2-inch piece fresh ginger, cut into 1/2-inch slices 1.0
- garam masala 2.0 tsps
- garlic, coarsely chopped 4.0 cloves
- heavy cream 59.1 ml
- onions, thinly sliced 2.0
- plain yogurt (not nonfat) 236.6 ml
- salt 1.0 tsp
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into 2-inch pieces 907.2 g
- slivered almonds 118.3 ml
- unsalted butter 4.0 Tbsps
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add onions and cook, stirring, until softened and beginning to brown, 5 to 7 minutes.
Scrape into slow cooker.
Place chicken pieces on top.
Combine ginger, garlic, almonds, yogurt, garam masala and salt in a food processor and process until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl with a flexible spatula as necessary.
Add tomatoes and pulse once to combine.
Pour mixture over chicken. Cover and cook on low until chicken is tender, 4 to 5 hours. Stir in heavy cream, cover and cook until warmed through, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro just before serving, if desired.