| 1 minute to read
- 1. Ricotta cheese 225 gm (For 1 kg cake)
- 2. Caster Sugar or Stevia 60 gm
- 3. Whip cream 30 ml
- 4. Flour 20 gm
- 5. Eggs 2
- 6. Orange zest 1 tbsp
- 7. Blueberries 20 gm
- 8. Cream of tartar 1 pinch
1. Butter the side of spring foam and dust with crumbs.
2. Blend the Ricotta to a smooth paste in a blender.
3. With a beater beat the ricotta paste with egg yolk , half the sugar, flour well and add orange zest.
4. Whisk egg whites till foamy, add a pinch of salt(tartar) and whisk till soft peaks formed. Add the rest of the sugar in stages and beat till firm peaks. (Merangue)
5. Whisk the whip cream to a soft peak consistency.
6. Add one third of the Merangue in step 4 to the whip cream and mix well. Then add this mixture to the Ricotta mixture of step 3.
7. Fold in the balance egg white in 2 stages. Dust the blueberries with a little flour and gently add to the batter.
8. Pour the batter in the prepared tin, sprinkle with the balanced blueberries.
9. Bake this for 10 min at 190 then lower the temp to 175 and bake for further 50 min.
10. Let it cool on a wire rack for 10 min.Run a knife along the inside to release the cheese cake. This cheesecake can be served warm or cold too.