Bhapa Doi (Steam Yogurt)
• By Ipshita Mukherjee
Nutritional Value Of This Recipe
0:30 Minutes 176 kcal
Ingredients for Bhapa Doi (Steam Yogurt)
- › Hung curd 200g
- › Milk 50g
- › Whipped Cream 50g
- › Almond 10g
- › Pistachio 5g
- › Agar agar or gelatin 4.5g
- › Saffron
- › Cardamom powder
- › Sweetener
1. In a bowl take water add gelatin or agar agar and keep it aside for 10 minutes. Then microwave for 20 to 30 seconds.
2. Place your mixing bowl (either sturdy glass like Pyrex or stainless steel) and beaters (if using a hand mixer or stand mixer) in the freezer to chill for at least 15 minutes. combine the chilled cream and sweetener. Start blending at low speed and increase to medium-high. Continue blending until the cream increases by nearly double. Add gelatin or agar agar. Keep this aside.
3. Soak the saffron with milk and set aside for 5 minutes. On the side.
4. Take hung curd into a large bowl add the cream mixture mix well using a whisk until the curd and cream is well combined. Now add ¼ tsp cardamom powder and 2 tbsp saffron milk and gelatin. Mix well making sure everything is well combined. Add chopped almond and pistachio.
5. You can either use a stainless steel container or a ramekin that is food+heat safe. Now place the bowl on a big baking tray and pour down 1 or 2 cups of water to the sides of the ramekin. You can close the ramekin with a small lid or foil. You can do the same by using a pressure cooker.
6. Put the baking tray in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degree F. Switch off the heat the minute 20 minutes are up. Let it be inside for 10 more minutes. Take it out let it cool down then put it in fridge. Garnish with pistachio and serve cold.
The plan that has transformed 300,000+ lives and counting!
- Customized diet & workout plans
- Access to a full suite of smart tracking tools
- Join the world’s largest online fitness community
- Customer Satisfaction score of 95.5%
- Coaching in your local language for clear guidance
Get results or get your money back!