• By Madhuparna Sarbadhikary
Nutritional Value Of This Recipe
01:00 Minutes 406 kcal
Ingredients for Bengali Khicdi
- › Rice 40gms
- › Chopped veggies of your choice 200gms
- › Ghee - 10gms
- › Jeera 1/4 tsp
- › Moong dal 40gms (soaked for 30 mins)
- › Green chilli 2 slit
- › Salt to taste
- › Chopped Coriander - 1 tsp
- › Turmeric 1/4 tsp
- › Ginger paste - 1/2 tbsp
1. Heat water in a pan and add the moong dal, salt & turmeric powder. Let it boil on a medium heat till the dal is half done. Once the dal is half done then add the veggies & ginger paste.
2. On another stove heat the ghee in a pan and add the jeera to it and let it splutter till it is dark brown to black, then add this to the boiling dal & veggies.
3. Add water if necessary & once the veggies are half done add the rice to it and let it cook till the rice is done, by then the veggies should also be cooked but not mushy. Serve hot with or without curd.
The plan that has transformed 300,000+ lives and counting!
- Customized diet & workout plans
- Access to a full suite of smart tracking tools
- Join the world’s largest online fitness community
- Customer Satisfaction score of 95.5%
- Coaching in your local language for clear guidance
Get results or get your money back!