Banana flower with prawns (Mochar ghonto)
Posted by : Dolan Acharya
- Food Type : Nonveg
- Cook Time : 1:00
- Cuisine : Indian
How to make Banana flower with prawns (Mochar ghonto)
1. Take out the white color banana flower one by one and remove the hard stigma.
2. Chop the above in small pieces and boil for 5 min in salt and turmeric
3 Sieve out the water and fry it in 5 gm mustard oil in a Kadai
4. In another pan heat the remaining mustard oil and fry the potatoes and coconut pieces with a little turmeric and take out in a tissue paper.
5. In the same heated oil add prawns and lightly fry and take out in a tissue paper.
6. In the same oil add cumin seeds, bay leaf and onion. Fry for 2 min and add ginger paste.
7. Let the onion turn pinkish brown. Add the tomato and keep cooking with cumin powder, red chilli powder, turmeric, salt till the raw smell is gone.
8. Add the potato, coconut and prawns which you kept aside.
9. Mix the above and cook.
10. Add the banana flower which you kept aside in step 3 and cook well for 10 to 15 mins.
11. Add garam masala.
12. You may top it with ghee to it if it fits your macros. Serve with rice!!