| 1 minute to read
Baked Kurkuri Bhindi
- * 500 grams okra, choose long slender ones
- 2 tbsp Besan
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp Ajwain
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/8 tsp Red chilli powder (as per taste)
- Chaat masala (as per taste)
- Calorie free oil or 7-10 grams oil (any)
- Salt, to taste
1. Wash the okra and pat dry each okra until it’s dry. Once dried, cut each okra into 4 pieces.
1. In a large bowl add all the cut okra slices. Then add in besan, garam masala, ajwain, turmeric & red chili powder.
2. Toss them slightly and start spraying (1-2 sprays at a time) calorie free oil. You can mix with your hand (what i did). You need to keep spraying couple of more times but not more than 6-7 times. Don’t worry they will definitely not look like they aren’t well coated but try to rub each okra with the masala. Similarly people using oil can add all 8-10 grams oil at once and mix everything gently.
3. Preheat oven to 420 degree F. In a large baking tray if non stick, glass no need to spray oil; however, if aluminum spray once calorie free oil or just 1 gram oil and arrange the okras. Do not clutter the okras by piling them. It is preferable to arrange them in a single layer to get the perfect crispiness.
Bake the okras for 20-25 minutes.
Then remove the tray, add salt and meanwhile check for crispiness. If you think it’s still needs to be done more, keep it for another 5-10 minutes until its crisp.
Once done, transfer to a plate and chaat masala and serve.