Step-11. Wash and clean chicken and apply some salt, turmeric powder and a little ghee and keep it aside.
2. Dry roast coriander seeds, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds and pepper. Roast red chillies with a little ghee and roast coconut until its golden brown in color.
Step-23. Add tamarind, kokam skin, garlic and a little water to the roasted ingredients and grind to a smooth paste in a mixer.
4. Finely chop onions, keep 2-3 tbsp of onion separately for tempering later.
Step-35. Heat ghee in a deep pan and add the remaining onions and saute until its golden brown in color.
6. Add chicken pieces and fry for 4-5 minutes.
Step-47.Next mix in the ground paste, salt and 1/2 cup water and cook it on medium flame until the gravy thickens and chicken is cooked completely. Adjust water to get the desired consistency of the gravy.
8. Heat ghee in a small pan and add curry leaves and 3 tbsp of onions that we had kept separately and saute until the onions turn brown.
9. Add this tempering to the chicken, close the lid and cook for a minute and turn off the flame.
10. Serve the delicious Kori pulimunchi with neer dose, dose, aapam or rice. It goes well with chapathi also.