Prawns with snakegourd
Posted by : Dolan acharya
- Food Type : Nonveg
- Cook Time : 00:20
- Cuisine : Indian
How to make & Prawns with snakegourd
1. Peel the bottlegourd, Slit it throughout the center and clean inside. Then cut it in narrow half moon shape.
2. Marinate the prawns with turmeric and salt and keep aside for 10 minutes.
3. Heat oil in a pan and lightly fry the prawns till it turns pink.
4. Remove the prawns in a tissue paper and in the same leftover oil add kalonji and green chillies.
5. Add chopped onion and fry followed by add dessicated coconut and sugar. Fry for two minutes in low flame.
6. Add the chopped snakegourd and add turmeric, salt and cook it for 10 minutes in medium to high flame.
7. Once the vegetables are cooked well add the fried prawns and stir for 5 minutes. You may serve this with rice or have it as a single dish.