Step-130 minutes including preparation time
1) Wash and soak 100 grams of basmati rice for 15 mins.
2) Marinate 250 grams of boneless chicken with black pepper, ginger powder, salt & lemon and store it in fridge for overnight or 15 mins at least.
1. Finely chop one fourth of an onion. Take a non-stick pan and add 5 ml of ghee and roast onions till golden brown. Fried onions really make this dish appetizing and that’s what I need to consume my meals 😉, if you don’t need then you can ignore this step.
3) Take a pressure cooker, add 10 ml of ghee/ coconut oil followed by add 2-3 cloves, cinnamon stick, ¼ th spoon cumin seeds, 3-4 peppercorns, 2-3 cardamoms and roast it for few seconds.
4) Add marinated chicken and roast for 5 minutes then add soaked rice, salt as per taste and ½ tea spoon garam masala.
5) Add water 1.5 cups and bring it to boil then put the lid. Now, wait for 2 whistles or 12-14 minutes.
1. I have added 4 egg whites and 10 grams of cashew nuts also as they fit into my macros.
2. Also, you can change quantities of rice, chicken.