1) Marinate chicken for two hours or overnight in curd, salt, ginger-garlic-green chilli paste, chicken masala and white pepper powder.
2) Heat oil in a wok, add onion paste and fry till it turns pink.
3) Add marinated chicken, mix well, cover and cook on slow flame till fat separates.
4) Add left over marinade and kasoori methi, saute till the chicken is well coated with masala and moisture evaporates.
5) Add enough water and adjust salt. Bring it to boil. Simmer and cook till the chicken turns tender.
6) Once the chicken looks cooked, add fresh cream(you can also use unsweetened almond milk to make it healthier) and bring it to boil again.
7) Garnish with kasoori methi and serve hot with plain rice or chapathi.