- Step-1Starting Position: Lie on your side on a mat/floor with your legs extended, feet together in neutral position pointing away from your body (at 90 degrees to your shinbone).Keep your lower arm bent and positioned under your head for support while the upper arm rests upon your upper hip
- Step-2Your hips and shoulder should be aligned vertically to the floor.Your head should be aligned with your spine
- Step-3Slowly flex (move forward) your lower leg until it lies in front of your upper leg.Rest both feet on the floor and keep both legs extended with feet in neutral position
- Step-4Upward Phase: Exhale and gently raise the lower leg off the floor while keeping the knee extended and the foot in a neutral position.The hips should remain vertical to the floor (knee of the raised leg should not rotate upward towards the ceiling or downward towards the floor).Continue raising the leg until your hips begin to tilt sideways or until your feel tension develop in your low back or oblique muscles
- Step-5Downward Phase: Gen
Side lying hip adduction
Have a carpet/exercise mat/ soft ground to lie flat on.