Cobra Pose Stretch / Bhujang Asana
Have a carpet/exercise mat/ soft ground to lie flat on.
- Step-1Lie on the floor on your stomach.Stretch your legs back, tops of the feet on the floor
- Step-2Spread your hands on the floor under your shoulders.Keep your legs close together, with your feet and heels lightly touching each other
- Step-3Place your hands (palms downwards) under your shoulders, keeping your elbows parallel and close to your body
- Step-4On an inhalation, slowly lift your head, chest and abdomen while keeping your navel on the floor
- Step-5Rotate the shoulder blades against the back,Lift the top of the sternum without pushing the front ribs forward to avoid hardens the lower back
- Step-6Taking the top of the thighs and knees back.Press upper armstowards each other, shoulder blades down along the spine, but keeping the space across the tops of the shoulders
- Step-7Distribute the backbend evenly throughout the entire spine
- Step-8Hold the pose anywhere from 15 to 30 breathing easily
- Step-9Release back to the floor with an exhalation.